Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day to all the men in my Life!




Happy Father's Day to my sweet huband, Philip! He is such an awesome father! He loves to talk sports with his son and loves to tell jokes with his daughter! They all have their favorite TV shows and he has seen EVERY show with them on Disney and Nickelodeon! Happy Father's Day!!!

fa·ther (fär)
noun
a. A male person whose sperm unites with an egg, resulting in the conception of a child.
b. A man who adopts a child.
c. A man who raises a child

What exactly is a Father? Well, Webster states the obvious above. We are blessed to have had the opportunity to be parents. We are blessed that our children are safe and comforted by our love. Now imagine a child that only has a father by definiton A. and that is it. No one to raise him, no one to love him. A Father is more than creating a child. A Father is someone who loves his children unconditionally, raises them to be strong men and women, believes in his children and would go to the end of the earth for them to make them happy. A father is a good leader in the household and dishes out love to his children on a daily basis. I am blessed to have a husband who does all of this for his kids. I am blessed to have had my father's love, guidance and support. I was lucky and had 2 father figures in my life. One biological father and one step father. They both were BIG influences in my life! I was given so much love by these 2 men in my life! Happy Father's Day Daddy and Warren! I am also blessed to have an amazing father-in-law who is so loving! Happy Father's Day Danny and thanks so much for raising such a Great son who I love so dearly!

As thankful as I am today to have all of these wonderful men in my life, I am also saddened to think of all the Fatherless kids today. I tell you people, I just can't get this adoption stuff off my heart. There are 147 Million orphans out there that want a dad and need a father so badly! This day truly pierces their hearts. They sit in an orphanage each and every day wondering WHEN their father will come. I have married such a wonderful man and he is opening his heart to a FATHERLESS child! I hope this time next year that maybe, just maybe, there will be one less Fatherless child in this world and that somehow I move some of you to do the same. Open up your hearts... I promise we all have more to give! Let's re-read Webster's definition and please consider the two latter definitions...

b. A man who adopts a child.
c. A man who raises a child

Webster recognizies the possibilty for your family, do you?

Happy Father's Day Philip, Dad, Warren, Danny, Matt, Luke, Josh, David, Dave and Jeremy! You are all strong men in my life and are all Terrific Father's! I hope you have a wonderful day! There is so much to celebrate because of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment