Thursday, September 2, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!!!!





HE'S GONNA FIND OUT NEXT WEEK THAT HE IS GOING TO BE PART OF OUR FOREVER FAMILY!!!!!!!

I took pictures of the inside of his photo album but I can't share with y'all just yet. I had enough pictures of him from our trip that I was able to put one of him on each page (1 of 4 pics was him) ( which is why I can't show the pics). This way he won't just be looking at pictures of the Payne family as we look now, but how we will be and how we feel already!! We thought it was important to weave him and out of each page- sharing things about him as we did with ourselves!! It really is so stinking sweet! When Caitlin and I travel back to see him for our first visit, we will be able to add photos and go through the book with him!!! Oh, don't know if I told y'all that, but the plan is next trip Caitlin goes with mom. Last trip daddy-o and I go to bring him home! That way everyone gets to see where their little brother is from and appreciate his homeland! ( Robby went with mom on the July Mission trip and met his little brother there!)

Here is what went in that bag----- Cars Pj's, Titans shirt and track pants, track shorts and shirt, Cat in the Hat DVD, Cars DVD, Elmo DVD. 2 sticker books--(Counting and Farm Animal theme), a coloring book, crayons, 3 CARS matchbox cars ( BTW, those are crazy pricey for a matchbox car), 4 of Caitlin's littlest pets (one that looks like Copper), 2 of Robbys matchbox cars, Robbys bouncy lightup ball, a seashell, a wooden cross we bought in Ethiopia, some of mom's favorite candy ( Hersheys kisses), some Sixlets candy and gum! That was all going in that ziplock bag! :)

I cant wait to hear how he reacts when he gets the bag of goodies!! I can't wait till he sees the photos-- and sees himself in OUR pictures!

I can't wait till he has HOPE that we are coming!!!

Rain drops on roses, and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with string,
these are a few of my favorite things.....
When the dog bites,
when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad-
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I dont feel so bad!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hes really gonna like all the items. But most of all hes gonna like the love your sending in that zip lock bag.........he has no idea what awaits him at his new home.........!!!!!!Mama is soooooo proud of yall !!!

    ReplyDelete